MLIT Certificate

MLIT Certificate

Home/Services for Ship Owners/MLIT Certificate

From 1st March 2005 all ocean-going non-tanker vessels of 100 GT or more must have a P&I insurance in place for calling at a Japanese port. P&I insurer must be approved by Japanese Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism (MLIT).

Tankers are required to be insured in accordance with the International Convention on Civil Liability for Oil Pollution Damage.

The insurance requirements can be found at MLIT’s website The most important requirements are:
  • to carry a MLIT certificate or P&I certificate on board the insured vessel (depending on the status of P&I insurer);
  • to report the status of insurance to the relevant District Transport Bureau before noon on the previous working day before the entry of the vessel in a Japanese port.

MLIT approval certificate is valid for 12 months. It takes approximately 2 to 5 working days to get a certificate. 

To apply for MLIT Certificate please contact Ms. Natalia Mayrstrenok on the details below:

12A, Verkhneportovaya Street, office 405 
690003, Vladivostok 
Tel.: +7 4232 49 7646
        +7 4232 49 7647
Fax: +7 4232 51 4153

Go back